The Face Collab The Face Collab

Enjoyable, but fairly repetitive.

I certainly don't think my time spent watching this was wasted, but I didn't feel it was perfect either. My main gripe was that I rarely felt like I could focus enough on any one image to ever become grounded. As soon as I was starting to like a certain moment, things switched again. That made it fairly difficult to follow and appreciate the art work (some of which was excellent). Also, certain "themes" (like melting faces) were overused, or all should have been placed back to back.

Good work. Makes me want to do a collab.

TheBoogley responds:

1000 blessings upon you MrGuru!

What is Love? What is Love?

Incredible

I almost never give a 10 in reviews. A 10 means perfect. And this, probably, is perfect. Not only is there an immense amount of detail in every single frame, but the animation is spot on and the style is great. Hilarious, very good music synching... I really can't complain about absolutely anything in this movie. In addition, you include an alternate ending, which isn't just a tiny worthless secret clip. It's actually another 30 seconds or so of equally hilarious movie.

Here are the locations of the special items to see the alternate ending:
Trash Can – 00:56 – Obvious, on the left side, quite large.
Mexican – 1:10 – In the center of the map, where Cuba should be.
Heart Bag – 1:25 – The hot blonde has it under her right arm.
Chef – 1:31 – At the very top of the building, hard to see. You will need to pause it.
Flying Pig – 2:01 – Flying in the top left corner.
Cow – 2:13 – In the bottom, on the girl's ice cream.
Green Sign – 3:10 – In the very back, as part of the door.
Waldo – 3:50 – In the store window, on the right.

That's all of them! I highly reccommend unlocking the extra clip, it's excellent, and well worth it.

Lots of people find this review helpful!

Fiberglass Monkey Fiberglass Monkey

Actually, an ape...

Very funny, I liked it a lot. But did you know that you were animating an ape? Looked like a chimpanzee, a member of the ape family. I'm sure nobody cares. :-) Good job, anyway.

The News The News

Ha! Great idea, but give me more!

I thought this was hilarious, because it's very true. However, it's only like 8 seconds long, and loops. I watched for about 30 seconds hoping it would turn into some Iraq Climate Change Remix or something, but I was sadly disappointed. Why not make an entire song out of it and do a whole music video? The idea is great, but you just don't spend enough effort executing it.

Renegade-Hamster responds:

I would have made a song out of it, but I can't do music. I could ask a friend to mix it for me, and then replace this with the new and improved one.

Thanks for the feedback!

Boogyman Boogyman

Meh

I know the song, and you didn't do it justice. Sync your sound for one, make the movie longer for another, and actually include animation.

That and the boogy-man didn't look anything like an ICP boogyman would.

Psykotika responds:

I know.

I did sync it, unfortunately, as I said, it lags.
And I know it didn't, the boogyman's an inside joke. Sorry.

River City Rampage: Ex River City Rampage: Ex

Pretty good

Pretty good, definitely better than 99% perfect of all other sprite based movies I have ever seen. However, the movie was short and lacked any sort of character to draw me in. The best of sprite based movies give some sort of very flimsy plot or introduction before getting into the nitty gritty, like VG Director's Cut Battle of the Mushroom Kingdom, which had all the battling but also a storyline to get me into it. I'm not saying you need an epic, but try to give me something to cling onto before you get right into the battling. Madness Combat and Xiao Xiao are probably the only movies that have ever succeeded in doing that, and that's only because of their incredible combat, and even Madness ended up adding in story. With sprites a story is a neccesity. But I'll stop talking now. Overall, great work. Just a little short of length and story.

Moonlight Moonlight

Top Notch

That was excellent, top notch flash. By far one of my favorite entries. These were the best fantasy-style fight scenes I have ever seen in a flash, and the storytelling was brilliant and moving. Without actually having to explain any sort of plot, you were able to illustrate exactly what had happened. Brilliant. Sheer brilliance.

As critique, I would say not to end the last fight that way. It was incredibly cliché.

The Shadow: Episode One The Shadow: Episode One

Good work

I was happy to see a good new submission. You obviously have a lot of potential, and I expect good flashes from you in the future. The action was good and the soundtrack to match it was appropriate, but animation sometimes got a little hokey. I would recommend cutting down your use of gradients – although they look nice sometimes, they often stick out way too much and are signs of an amateur animator. If you do use gradients, make the change between light gray and dark gray, for example, rather than pure black and white. Either way, good work!

Babaganoosh99 responds:

Thanks for the feed back. I'll take that into consideration

Kagi Oni: Teaser Kagi Oni: Teaser

Hmm

The animation style and quality was excellent, but nothing much happened at all and itwsa too short to deserve a high score, although it certainly should not be banned.

I'll be excited to see the finished product.

ALIAS: Sewer Mission (1) ALIAS: Sewer Mission (1)

Nice!

I liked it. Very nice stop animation, too. I also love Robot Chicken, so that helped. Having Marvin the manic depressive robot in there was really cool, too, I love him. I haven't seen the movie yet, is it any good?

Keep it up, looking forward to the rest.